This inaugural symposium Western Pacific Mass Gathering Events and Health Symposium was held in November 2022. The focus was on the intersection between mass gatherings (major events, crowded spaces) and health.
Over 125 people attended, representing 48 organisations from across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Topics discussed included:
- Event health governance and regulation
- Emergency management and mass gatherings
- Best practice clinical care at major events
- Event organiser perspectives of event health
- Command and control
- Public and environmental health
- Young people and mass gathering event
- Mass gathering event legacies
DAY 1 PRESENTATION OVERVIEW
DAY 2 PRESENTATION OVERVIEW
ORIGINAL PROGRAM and EVENT DETAILS